Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday from Hannah!

Hey everyone!

My names Hannah and this is my 4th time coming down to Esperanza (I was supposed to do this blog a lot earlier in the week, but we've gotten back home really lat every night) oops. Anyway, I'm a senior at the College of Wooster this year and I couldn't be happier to be in Tijuana again.

Today was a pretty relaxing day in comparison to yesterday. It was a lot cooler in temperature, much like your below zero temperatures back home... with a little addition of 80 degrees, but pretty close to those sub zeros. We have had a rough go of it on our worksite having few hands and much work to do. Today was a little better though, as we had many hands from the community come in to help pour cement and build more walls up. It's great to see the sense of community so strong, more and more help comes every day to our worksite and we have gained many new friends because of it.

In addition to this great physical work we had today, we also got to go to the orphanage to hang out with some of the girls. This is always one of my favorite parts of the trip. Its hard to get into the vans and go somewhere else after we are already dead tired from our many days of work, but getting to see all of the girls smiling faces is definitely worth it.

As for those of you who don't know, I'll be coming back as a long term volunteer for Esperanza in July. I am so excited for this experience and this trip has reminded me why I applied for this position in the first place. I can't wait for the experience and to immerse myself in this culture even more.

Talk to you all soon!
-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment