Thursday, March 9, 2023

Pre-trip thoughts to the 2023 trip


 Esperanza Mission Trip March 2023


It has been three years since I have been to Tijuana on our Esperanza Mission trip.  My last trip was March 2020 the week COVID was ramping up in the USA.  We had a great week on the trip - but back home fears and realities about COVID were expanding.

As we are just a few days away from the trip, I am really looking forward to going back.  Each year there are a number of changes and I anticipate that there will be many changes this time.  I look forward to seeing old friends, the food and the warm weather.  It is always great to get to meet and work with the families as they are excited to see their home taking shape.  

This year we are taking six college of Wooster students - all first timers, and four from our church - Kevan, Steve, Hannah and myself who have been on the trip many times.  

We hope to post in the blog several times each day - so please check back often!!!

Phil Starr



1 comment:

  1. So happy this trip is still going on! Some of my absolute favorite memories. Have an amazing time everyone cannot wait to catch up on the blog

    ReplyDelete