Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Back Again


Hey y'all, 

Hannah here. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, I graduated, it's time to get on with my life, but the ironic thing was, if you forget, last year on the trip, I was preparing for my Long-term Volunteer stent down here. After spending 6 months here after graduation, I told Phil and Kevan I had to come back, there was no way I couldn't. Anyway, for those of you who don't know me, I'm from Pittsburgh, I went to Wooster, fell in love with Tijuana, became a long-term volunteer after graduation, and this is now my 6th time back with Trinity UCC and Wooster. 

It's already Tuesday, and let's just say I've fallen right back into the swing of things being a LTV with Esperanza, the only sad part is I'm only here for one week this time. My cohort, Rod, Esperanzas other LTV is still here actively until May, and this is the first week he's had with 3 groups, so he greatly appreciates my help. We're currently digging out a foundation in Rosarito, which I couldn't be happier about since I worked on a fair share of houses there while I was volunteering here. Needless to say, I've gotten to see the majority of my friends already, and I couldn't be happier. 

Coming back after being a LTV is a weird feeling, you fall back into the swing of things, and forget that this is no longer your home, that you'll be leaving again in a week, and that you've just gotta move on when you get back. However, it's not that easy of a feat to get over. I've been talking to Rod a lot lately about transitioning back to life in the US after being a LTV, he is leaving in May and is wondering how it is. Needless to say, I think about my friends, my experience, and my life here every day, and coming back so soon has been nothing short of a feat. When I left at the end of the year, it was hard to leave to say the least, but I left remembering that I would see everyone in a few months and not have to say my hard goodbye until then. Saturday will be extremely difficult for me to leave and not know the next time I will be returning to a place that was and is still so important to me. Being here this week is hard knowing that after this, I'm gone for a while. The week is flying by and I'm just trying my best to soak it all in, spend as much time with my friends from here as possible, and make all the memories I can before I head home for good this time. 

Well, time to go hang out with John, Steve, and Phil for right now, Kevan seems to be sleeping already, until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment