Friday, March 16, 2018

Last Day

Dear blog readers,

Today was sadly our last day in Tijuana. We had a fiesta with the family, complete with cake and an emotional speech by our one and only Nate Addington. It was really moving to hear the family talk about how we had impacted their lives and how grateful they were, but we are also equally grateful for them. In just one week, we have bonded not only as a group, but with the community in Tijuana, and the families, as well as Esperanza as a whole. I know I am not alone in feeling as though I am a part of something here, even though we were just here for a week. We are now part of this Esperanza family. I look forward to coming back and seeing the completed house, although I was awfully proud of our 6 foot deep trenches, and seeing what color they ended up painting it and feeling proud that we contributed to it. I look forward to coming back to Esperanza every year for the rest of college, as well as hopefully one day coming back as a long term volunteer. This was the first week of something I want to be a part of for a long time.

Sincerely,

Allie Deyhle

College of Wooster '21
 

No comments:

Post a Comment