Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday Reflection

Hello pals!

My name is Marlee Pavlechko and I am a junior at The College of Wooster and this is my first time on the Tijuana trip, second time in Mexico. I absolutely love it so far. This week, I have gotten to work with the same family everyday, so that is a fun time. At the site we are working at, we have basically gotten the site ready for pipes/foundation, so that's super cool. My jobs have mostly been grabbing full buckets of dirt/rocks and emptying them, so I get to watch the progress of the trenches, so that has been a super cool thing to see and how incredible the transformation is when you take a step back for a minute. I also get to work alongside some of the family when passing buckets, so it's been super fun doing that. I can speak Spanish fairly well, so the conversations we have have been awesome and the people here are so incredibly welcoming and nice. I cannot wait to keep working and helping in the community here-it's an absolute blast. The team is doing incredible, and I'm excited to see all the progress we make by the end of the week.

Marlee Pavlechko

No comments:

Post a Comment