Friday, March 16, 2018

Hi all,

My name is Kay Schwab and this is my first time on the Esperanza trip! As the trip draws to a close today I'm extremely sad to be leaving this beautiful city. I've felt more at home here in this one week than I have anywhere else I've visited. The reason I feel so comfortable here is due to the hospitality and gratefulness of the people I have met. I've seen several communities this week and gotten to meet many families and community members that Esperanza is helping. All of the family members have been extremely grateful for the work we've done for them and have told us to come visit anytime. It's hard to put into words how much I love this place and why. Unfortunately, it's one of those feelings you have to experience for yourself to fully understand. I really hope that everyone one day gets a chance to experience the beautiful, vibrant culture that I have experienced this week. Despite many of the people here having very little, they are happy and grateful. This outlook on life is something that I hope to bring back with me to my every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment