Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday Work Day

This is my first time in Mexico and I am enjoying my time here working with Esperanza. So far we have worked on digging for the foundation of a house and served food at a soup kitchen. The work has been difficult but rewarding. I certainly doubted my strength and ability to contribute to building a house before this trip, but surprised myself at how much I can do. It's wonderful to see how well our group has worked together and bonded in such a short time. The family we have worked with is generous and they have worked alongside us to build their home. Serving at the soup kitchen today at a Catholic mission was a good experience and it was interesting to compare with the breakfast program at Trinity. I am having a good time and look forward to seeing the ways in which we can continue to help in the community.

Jamie Shoots

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, we knew you had the strength within you all along! Keep making a difference! See you soon! Love, Mom, Dad & Sarah

    ReplyDelete