Thursday, March 15, 2018

Thursday night Jenn's post

Hello all,
My name is Jennifer Sanchez and this is my first time on the Esperanza trip. I have visited other parts of Mexico a few times, however, never to Tijuana. We have visited the migrant center and the soup kitchen as well as interacted with the family's from the work site. A common theme I have noticed is that the people here are extremely thankful for all they receive no matter how much. After, talking to some of the community members I have realized that the people are hard working and extremely hospitable. They will try their hardest to make sure you are comfortable and well fed. They also prioritize family and their well being. I have experienced such gratitude with the people that it has influenced my perspective on how I live back home. It is very possible to live happily with little as done by the people here. This trip has helped me see a different perspective to how people live in poverty in Mexico and the ways that they go about their lives. These people know how to make the best of any situation and that is an important lesson for us all to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment