Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Reflecting on the Week


Hello to all of our readers! This is Rachel Addington, I am a staff member at The College of Wooster, and wife of Nate Addington, who is one of the leaders on this trip.
We are now sitting in the airport, waiting to return home to our families.  As I think back on my last week, I am amazed by the experiences I, and our students, had on our trip to Tijuana.  My back may be aching, but my heart is full.  We were fortunate to meet many wonderful families during our time in Tijuana.  These families welcomed us with open arms into their current homes, so we could be a small part of making their dreams of a home a reality.  This week was some of hardest work I have ever done, but our students, staff, and the families rose to the challenges- and worked together to lay the foundation for their future homes.
My final thought for this reflection, after thinking back on my week, is that at the end of the day, everyone I met was simply wanting to have stability for themselves and their family- to have a safe place to eat… sleep... and thrive. This trip was a humbling experience, and I am honored to be a part of the story of how these houses came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment